Sunday, May 25, 2014

Futter's Folly? Dang, all I wanted to do was play with the signers of the Tryon Resolves!

I've found that I am kin to a quarter of the signers, even though they were tough guys who stuck their necks out in 1775 in support of their brethren up in Massachusetts.

All I want to do is finish my research and write up a little chapter on what a tight little band these men were. In the process, being a textual scholar still, I will chip one name off the brass monuments (Robert Hulclip) and put a sticky post on for the real guy (Robert Heslip or Heslep).

But if it appears that the wife of the author of a wretched book is going back to smear a terrific 2007 book with a one-star review on Amazon, I have to give up part of my holiday weekend. Futter's Folly? or could D. Retah's "real" Wish List name be accounted for in a different way? We need to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment