Thursday, August 13, 2015

LOSSES. Remembering Joyce Deveau Kennedy, and wishing Fred well


The Betsy has left a new comment on your post "Joyce Deveau Kennedy and Frederick Kennedy--The Gr...":

Thank you for this. Joyce was my aunt and very dear to me as she was to all our family. We miss her greatly and it is a comfort to see how well she was thought of by so many people. She was a lovely person and so well suited in Fred. He is also a truly great person. Anyway just wanted to thank you, it made my day to see the picture and to know someone else thought the world of her too. 

The Betsy <noreply-comment@blogger.com>





I was talking about her today because of the Perseid showers--which I could not see because of clouds, last night. Anyhow, I was remembering getting up in the middle of the night, as Joyce did, and standing with her on the demi-lune balcony watching the Leonid showers for half an hour. As I was saying last night and today, she and Fred did such wonderful work the likes of which no one is doing now. I wrote her into the ending of the preface to MELVILLE BIOGRAPHY: AN INSIDE NARRATIVE but she died 2 months too soon to read it. What a terrible loss, personally and professionally.

Hershel Parker <argulusezekiel@gmail.com>

Joyce with Jack Putnam. 





 Walt Bezanson and Joyce.





No comments:

Post a Comment