Monday, February 24, 2020

A Note Relayed by the Editor of THE JOURNAL OF THE AMERICAN REVOLUTION--ABOUT AN ARTICLE THAT HUNDREDS OF NORTH CAROLINA FOLKS ALREADY CHERISH


I came across your 2013 story on the 1775 patriots of Tryon Co., NC relating to my direct ancestor Christian (Zimmerman) Carpenter. I just wanted to say thank you for writing it. I can’t describe the pride I felt reading it. It is both empowering and inspiring, and just to be able to see his actual signature and his name preserved in the memorial gave me a sense of genuine connection. Just having the confirmation that he was part of something greater than himself that transcended 8 generations for me to come to discover and understand- - - I am ever so grateful, and incredibly honored. Thank you for your research, patriotism, and effort in keeping these things accessible.



 


No comments:

Post a Comment