Monday, January 7, 2013

Modern publishing--Jim Kelly's Acknowledgments in DEATH'S DOOR

The stories that lie behind simple words:

I'd like to thank my new publishers--Severn House--for their belief in Death's Door . . . .


In the old days if you had four or five books in a row, or even one or two books in a row, your publisher stood by you.

Good luck to Jim Kelly.

It makes me grateful to Northwestern University Press for publishing MELVILLE BIOGRAPHY: AN INSIDE NARRATIVE after publishing several others over the last three decades.

Are we all scrambling, one way or another? I am thinking that when my ORNERY PEOPLE: WHAT WAS A DEPRESSION OKIE? is ready self-publishing might be the way to go. Nothing wrong with that, nowadays, but you sympathize with Jim Kelly for wanting a printed and bound book, just like he had before.

No comments:

Post a Comment