Friday, January 18, 2013

Jack O'Connell in Worcester reads MELVILLE BIOGRAPHY



·  http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-ash4/273326_1137955749_1576950756_q.jpg
Jack O'Connell I was up much too late last night reading this magnificent book. Prof. Parker is that rarest of treasures: a brilliant and clear-eyed scholar AND a beautiful writer. (And the kindness extended to Jay Leyda is utterly refreshing!) Bravo!
17 January 2013

This man, a stranger to me, is Creative Director Mill City Fabrications, Worcester, MA

I begin to think that the lynch mob led by Berman, Wineapple, Brodhead, Delbanco, and Schultz has disbanded: or maybe it is that the mainstream media can't destroy a book anymore the way they could in 1996 and 2002.

Kindness to Jay: I say that I was the only one who ever cut his toenails during the year and more he was dying. That may be what Jack O'Connell means. But I loved that man, and much of the book is a tribute to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment