Friday, May 1, 2020

Selecting from the more than 6000 GLIMPSES

Slightly more--the first digit just changed.
Finally, under the gun, knowing my time was more limited than I imagined, I started organizing ORNERY PEOPLE on a grand scale. Now, assuming that I may after all outlive my mother, who died at 92, I am going to drive ahead until the first volume is done. I have been working hard between doctors' visits, sometimes with a mask over my right eye. I am happy with what is emerging. We are more than a little gaga at the whip-lashings.
(Mother wanted me to outlive her. She was that way.)
The Stanford ocular oncologist called today and gave us his cell phone. If the anti-fungal drug does not cure the eye (something all the ocular folks think is impossible) he will take over. A local man will take fresh photos to see if anything has really changed since April 15. But my body has no cancer. The suspicious fellow in the lung was Valley Fever, absolutely.
The local hero, the oncologist, wants a copy of ORNERY PEOPLE. What a man.

No comments:

Post a Comment