Sunday, May 31, 2020

My last box of 5000 Swingline Staples? Maybe not.

I knew in 2007 that my new Honda would be my last car. It now has more than 30,000 miles on it, and is holding up fine. One of the grandsons can use it when the time comes, maybe. But I thought the last time I bought 5000 staples that I would not have to buy more. Well, I just had to spend $3.25 for a replacement box from Amazon--promised for tomorrow but you know how those notices have not been updated.  I won't run out before the replacements come. It's all a bet. I may be losing the bet on a couple of unused pairs of running shoes in the garage, now that I am floored with Valley Fever. You want to have everything you need as long as you are functioning but you want to get rid of excesses, such as your Melville archive. Fine, but when you live three weeks or so under an authoritative sentence of blindness and death from cancer you don't immediately go on a celebratory spending binge, especially not as you gradually realize how serious Valley Fever is. But today I bet $3.25 on Swingline.

No comments:

Post a Comment