Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Comment on Dr. Link. Fits the box exactly, all the characters possible.


I went to Dr. James Link after I had been told that a cancer in my body had metastasized into my right eye, which saw only a brown blob. Dr. Link would be our Point Man, he said, and arrange necessary tests and appointments. The buck would stop with him. We are old, but he required us to learn to text with our iPhone because he wanted to be able to reach us. So we learned to text! True to his word, he texted to inform us of developments and he replied promptly to our messages. He is a thorough man. When the PET scan confirmed a torso lighted up with cancer, Dr. Link sent me directly to the blood draw with more lab orders. He wanted to rule out other possible causes. As soon as as the labs returned, he telephoned to say I have Valley Fever. After a lung biopsy, he greeted us with "I have nothing but good news for you today." With Fluconazole my eye is steadily improving. If you have cancer and need a Point Man who will watch you over the long haul, I direct you to Dr. Link.

I could not italicize "thorough" and "I have nothing but good news for you today" in the web page.

No comments:

Post a Comment