Friday, May 1, 2020

How do you tell the news? "I have nothing but good news for you."

That is what the local oncologist said to us today.
The very great ocular oncologist up north a couple of weeks ago said very firmly that my eye lesion and darkness meant it had metastasized from within the body. Sort of deep and wide within the body, is what we heard. We drove home dealing with a rapid death and one of us did scheduling of all sorts of tests including PET and CAT scans. We behaved well. I would never have thought I could behave as well as I behaved. I went to work on ORNERY PEOPLE and have made great progress despite many medical appointments. I have not slept a night in many months, for one reason and then this big reason. Same for the other heroic person. I emphasize: We were stupendous. But I hope I never have to do it again, I tell you.
The eye is still a problem and we may go back up north for some treatment. NO ONE believes anti-fungal pills can reduce the eye lesion. I think there is a slight improvement. Stable, anyhow, not getting worse. The eye is a very real problem, yet. But I don't have cancer.  I made none of the earlier stuff up--they were just so authoritative and powerful and all-knowing. The doctor down here gave me a rigorous set of lab tests, one of which named Valley Fever. We liked this man from the start and our confidence was well placed.
I can't carry this on farther. I have to tell the people at the Berkshire Athenaeum.
Thank you Nate for taping and mailing 8 boxes!

1 comment:

  1. That's just wonderful! Huge sigh of relief from down here in San Antonio!

    ReplyDelete