Saturday, April 4, 2020

One Damn Thing After Another--Right Eye seeing Brown after Bad Bump

This goes in the category that you can only focus on one bad thing at a time, or at most 2. At some point a month ago or 5 weeks ago I whammed my right orbital bone and maybe the eye. As I finally tried to get back to work yesterday there was and had been a lot of eye pain but I had dismissed it as something that happened when worse things were going on and that it would heal itself, the way Trump healed coronovirus. But feeling even a tiny resurgence of stamina and resuming packing the long abandoned Box 88 (the forlorn reminder of where I was) meant having to focus on the eye. Dammit, the good eye now shows brown and the bad eye shows Caucasian flesh color and the pain last night was terrific. So, first thing on a Saturday morning a call to the surgeon who in March 2014 put in the intraocular implants. I have blessed him every day since then and it is not his fault that I did something really bad while dealing with something else that demanded full attention. I left a message. In 2018 when the ear cancer was horribly botched there were consequences you would not believe if you had not experienced them. One was damage to two teeth from trying to lie on the safe side. Well, the crowns look better than the ones I had did. But one damn thing can start a Downward Spiral when you are very old. In 2018 I slowly fought my way out of that Downward Spiral. I had been running 2 miles a day before the ear surgery. No more. Now, every difficult thing from December 2019 on seems to have turned out astonishingly well, after many grisly weeks. Except the good eye. Well, I left a message.

No comments:

Post a Comment