Sunday, June 10, 2018

Them what tries to rescue a distressed marine mammal . . . . Don't hold your breath, watcher.

So this poor fellow was breathing but not healthy and a kind woman had called the marine mammal rescue center an hour and a half earlier. When someone called me to say she was still out of the elevator and had not heard back from the elevator company I got her to call the Marine Mammal Rescue team and she called back saying they were on the way.

So I got to the parking lot half a mile and more from the place the otter was suffering.
The team was unloading the pickup.
They had the great cage on the tarmac. No, no, said I in my authoritative voice. Drive down to the end of the Cloisters despite the danger of driving into an area what went 97% for T---p, then park near a Beach Access or Boardwalk sign and go in there, to the end of the boardwalk, and directly down to the beach, where the saintly good citizen is still waiting. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment