Saturday, June 27, 2015

A Granddaughter Remembers Hezekiah Henderson, son of Isaac, grandson of Argulus Hercules Henderson

 "Hezekiah died in 1877, at the age of 71. He was crippled with rheumatism for a year or more before death. I have heard my father say, and mother too, that Grandpa Hezekiah fed the hungry and clothed the naked. He had good property at that time he and Uncle Obed had a store together, and tanyard, I think he did a good lot of farming also. He employed several hands, mother told me, and carried on a good business. He lived to be right old. Grandmother died first of fever and he was down with rheumatism for a year or more. My mother (Ruth Henderson - Mrs. A. I. H. Lutterloh) waited on him, and she and father and we children taken care of him. I was 2 years old when he died. Mother said I should run and pick up his tin he spat in, and hand it to him when he dropped it on the floor."

No comments:

Post a Comment