Thursday, December 23, 2021

Playing in the Rain--but with no Jolly Playmates

 I went to the beach in long-sleeved shirt and an anorak with knit hat under the cap of the anorea. The rain was driving from the South. I waded across Duck Creek and the flood at the Cloisters Creek, a little afraid of losing my footing. Then I gave up after a while and went back onto the Cloisters and the trail back to the parking lot. The low places were submerged, as they have always been. But I got to pass the Norman Roberts bench quoting RWE: THE HAPPIEST MAN IS HE WHO FROM NATURE LEARNS THE LESSONS OF WISDOM.

Now, that is one of the worst samples of prose I know, but the southbound part of my outing was in Nature, and exhilarating. So the blood clot is worse, still the leg is not swollen, and I am 86 and happy to cross the raging waters--and get home and wash my shoes out and put them to drain dry. Happy to be active, after the shutdown of 2020.

No comments:

Post a Comment