Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Hematologist gone to Colorado, New one on hold for January, Blood Clot worse, not better, 2 miles a day on Beach

 Really unpleasant report from ultrasound. Common Femoral Vein completely blocked. Popliteal Vein blocked. Ho, I was counting on the poplital vein.

But the leg has not swollen back up and I am going fast on the beach (for an 86 year old) to stir blood up. All I see new are puffy tracks near the blocked off femoral vein. 

It's hard not to worry but there is no point worrying. New doctor in mid January.

Today on the Beach I saw a once-familiar red orange wind breaker--Doctor Dick, 80 now, who still drives down to LA every week to treat very poor patients. He was overjoyed to see me after 2 years and I was overjoyed to see him. Told him briefly about Stanford saying aggressive cancer and suggesting enucleation for the eye. Doctors. We did fist bumps. I'm really glad he is alive and well. I did not tell him about the DVT.

I still have not seen Tom from Los Osos in all these months--that is, have not seen him in 2 years, 2020 being a blank. I've seen Jan and Craig, so they are fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment