Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Feats you could achieve in the old days--Making Brother Rick's Rolls while making Regular Loaves

 I took out a gift from Mike Moughan, THE SECRETS OF JESUIT BREADMAKING, because some stamina is returning and I want a change from cornbread or skillet bread, good as they are. 

This is in ballpoint pen at the top:

"Memo 4 October 2002. I can start Bro Rick's rolls--get them in refrigerator. Then at once start other regular bread & get it cooking while Bro Rick is rising 1 1/2 hours and then reset oven fast from 350 to 425 & put first pan in--it works-- other bread rises 2nd time and cooks while Bro Rick is in pans on the counter rising."

The thing about Brother Rick's rolls is that they go in the refrigerator at least 2 hours after mixing and also after kneading right after mixing. I want to make them but am afraid my shoulders won't take the kneading. Maybe I can add 5 minutes to the mixing? And knead for 5 more?

If I try this tomorrow I won't make loaves of regular bread at the same time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment