Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Attack of Beach Snark Karen. K. Karen and her two loose Vicious Dogs at a No-Dogs part of the Beach

 SHE DID HAVE A LEASH, AFTER ALL.

She was using a short lacrosse stick to throw or pretend to throw a ball to the dogs and had them running into the water and all the way back to the beach. I tried to angle away to get out of her way but she was having no escape. She threw or pretended to throw something right at me, and both dogs charged me. They barked and snarled and jumped at me but did not bite me or knock me down. 

I am waiting 3 more weeks to see a new hematologist (the good one went to Colorado) about the ugly new ultrasound shows new clotting after 18 months on blood thinner. I did not want to be knocked down and did not want to be bitten. I called to her to please hold her dogs. When she came up she yelled, "You old fool, what the fuck are you down here for?" Then she loosed several FUs, but she did hold the dogs and head south, stopping to throw the stick at me (she missed).  Up to now the best thing a dog-owner said after an attack was, "It's your fault. You let him smell your fear." Well, that does beat "You old fool, what the fuck are you down here for?" Well, at 86 I can't argue with the characterization.

This was the no-dog part of the beach. There's a 4 mile off-leash beach and a short dogs-on-lease beach near the Rock. Truth is, with the pandemic everyone has to be more tolerant, and as long as dogs are on leashes I'm cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment