Monday, January 20, 2020

LITERARY MASTERPIECES 2010 ON AMAZON PRIME: Called back up on the Intercom--"It's you, very young"


Well, not very young. I had not even put the television interview on my Vita till today. One reason was that I was in severe pain from a torn rotator cuff and had been awaiting surgery for weeks, the insurance demanding a wait before taking an expensive test to show if I was hurting or not. I was leaned over to the left holding my arm against a support. Severe pain = agony.
The crew came on 16 February 1996. "Incredible pile of equipment--cords, windows taped up, --amazing coils and clutter." Steve "sat in corridor by our walk-in closets, behind curtains & screens. Think he was very interested in the crew's authority. Har went out & shoveled" [the 110 foot driveway] during some of it [so crew could get out and not be stranded and have to be bedded and fed].
Reuben filmed "Whiteness of the Whale" in our back yard."
12 inches of snow by nightfall. TV crew of 10.
"I had made great bread Beard's buttermilk recipe plus half a red onion & 2 cloves garlic & black pepper--rolls. Har's pea soup & rolls I made last night (plain) & Irish soda bread."

So last night I came up to see what I looked like in 1996 and saw that I was not very young, really. I went back down to work on packing books for the Berkshire Athenaeum but she listed momentary appearances at 12.30 22.02 24.57 34.07 and maybe 47.30 (maybe just voice--I am sure I heard the much loved Joyce Kennedy's voice about the NYC harbor before or after one of my moments).
Strange that I did not list it on the Vita. Did we ever see it?

The star was the Harris Tweed jacket that we bought off the rack at The High and the Mighty in Edinburgh.

No comments:

Post a Comment