Thursday, January 30, 2020

Listening to Shakespeare during exercises in the middle of the night in January

Listening, not watching, even when I am playing a movie.
Cymbeline
King John
Measure for Measure
Troilus and Cressida
King Lear--the Hopkins one
Macbeth Fassbender
Macbeth Scofield --almost all--still need to get Birnam Wood in motion.

I bought my last car in 2007.
I listened to my last full Troilus and Cressida in 2020. When the public domain audios are bad they are really bad.
It would be great to have another (good) audio of King John.
I could get the Helen Mirren Cymbeline. I have not seen it in a few years. Nothing more consoling than Act 5 over and over.
The available movie of Measure for Measure is not watchable again--director did not understand it.
I have not explored very far and have not paid any extra so far.

P.S. The 1951 Oregon Measure for Measure is much much better than the LibriVox--will go on to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment