Sunday, August 19, 2018

Every triumphant day is to be cherished. It may be the last.

We have been so pressured not to have extra food around when poison was coming to fight the termites and we have been so busy sweeping after the roofers that I resorted to cornbread in order to have something quick and good. Today I mixed and kneaded dough (no pause in between) and put in the refrigerator in 3 big bowls for 3 hours while I went to the computer and the beach.   The last thing my brilliant historian biologist neuro-scientist Cockerham cousin said to me by email last night was, "I sure would like to see Sumter's speech" (in 1798 that is). So this morning like a good cousin I looked and tried another way and thought a bit and tried another way, and hip hip hurray I got the middle part of it and then after a while I got it all. I may never have this double triumph again so I am enjoying this one. And the bread may not have been the very best bread ever made, but you could not prove that by us. What a relief to have the time to cook right. Retirement!



No comments:

Post a Comment