Sunday, August 16, 2020

"Consequential Strangers"--the people we see momentarily from day to day, and who fill much of our need for social exchange

 Jane E. Brody in the N Y TIMES writes about the benefits of talking to strangers who are becoming familiar by repeated momentary meetings. Here is something I posted earlier.

A Note in the Mailbox from a Runner & Swimmer

 

I know only one last name, so I emailed Tom, who knows Ann, who knows Mark . . . . . 


Soon it will be half a year that I have not gone to the beach--after going down in an already weakened state so that a hostile wind-blown fungal spore invaded my eye and chest and other places. I depended on a handful of runners for social connection and personal encouragement. I miss them all.

The authors of CONSEQUENTIAL STRANGERS are Blau and Fingerman. I have not read this book yet but will check on it.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment