Friday, September 7, 2018

Malice in the Sand

I was there early. 30 or 40 feet down from the parking lot someone had smashed a beer bottle in the middle of the sandy path to the beach. This bottle was not merely broken. It was smashed into dozens of fragments with something metal. People run barefoot down this path all the time. This was a malicious attempt to wound  child or a grownup, either one, as many as possible. I went back to get a Styrofoam lid I had carried to the trash can and put a few of the bigger pieces on it. Down the beach I saw the Park Ranger Seth (who according to Genesis has centuries left) and told him. When he got there on his rounds he used a trowel to scoop up the fragments of glass. I used my feet and did not find any he had left, but who knows? Here's a picture of the scene of the crime and a picture of the fragments as disposed of. We need a big sifter. The whole thing is upsetting because of the malice that drove the vandal.


No comments:

Post a Comment