Saturday, October 21, 2017

The Geni genealogical site--creating fanciful pathways of kinship, e.g. to Senator Glenn and F. Scott Fitzgerald

I noticed recently that one of the DNA cousins, the Renfrewshire Glenns, is the ancestor of the astronaut. I am doubly a Glenn so this pleased me. Geni offers a kinship path, so I clicked on it, and got an elaborate chart showing kinship from my mother and not my father, the Glenn, and getting a ggg grandmother and grandfather wholly wrong. So, although it is bedtime, I checked F. Scott Fitzgerald, and they got that wrong too, through my mother and not my Warfield father, and got the same ggg grandparents of my mother wrong, and so everything after that wrong. You can never be too careful. Maybe Geni is right about the biblical Seth. I intend to live a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment