Monday, October 23, 2017

Maunderings. Winds too ferocious to put trash cans to curb; thinking instead of Candice Bergen

Why when I reach up for the coffee filters do I always think of the fig tree on Avondale near the Brentwood Country Mart?

The New Yorker reviewed THE MEYEROWITZ STORIES (NEW AND SELECTED). I see it is on Netflix and want to watch it for Candice Bergen's "sublime" and substantial speech. No one else around does.

The only thing I remember about one horrible year, some time ago, is Candice Bergan in her khakis in the doorway of Fairfax High School, making a sublime and substantial speech. There never was anything or anybody so beautiful.

But now when I think of her I think of Jay Thomas's being dead already, and so young.

Already the cat has been tolled down here in the cavern, safely away from the deconstructors and constructors who ought to arrive prepared to hang from the roof as I used to do, from a prehensile ear. The wind really is unnerving, and it will pull impossibly high temperatures in.

On Netflix I can find Candice Bergen's sublime and substantial speech and watch just it. I could. Or I could find out about the caravan from Morgan County, Alabama to Pike County, Arkansas that Abner Henderson drove in the early 1840s. How many weeks did it take them, Ab and the Alfords?

No comments:

Post a Comment