Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Picking up the Big Project Dropped to Push Forward Another Big Project

How many times have I done this? 20?
It's more bewildering now than it was in the 1960s. Or 1970s. Or 1980s. or 1990s. Or the new century, dropping things for the PIERRE book with Brian Higgins, for one.
I have hundreds of short pieces on ancestors and other kin in GLIMPSES, but did I put the dozen pieces on the murderer Keith Blalock in there, especially the ones written by cousins? Well, let's look, and ease back in.
There will be proofing still, in weeks or months, but maybe I won't ever have to something I am deeply involved in so I can work on (and maybe not even finish right then) something else.
Retirement would be working on one thing at a time until it is finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment