Sunday, June 28, 2020

Pushed too hard today. Collapsed (didn't exactly faint). Made terrific bread.


Last night I decided to save the sourdough starter after delaying for months. Was it dead? This morning fluconazole did its usual attempt to flatten me, but I kept on. I decanted 3 happy refreshed jars of starter to hide back in the refrigerator and used the rest in Egg Bread, the smaller loaves with raisins. Midway though, the drugs got to me and I collapsed on myself, not hurting anything, and able to get up. I have fainted twice so far in my life. I did not faint this time, just folded up. So there are limits, with all the drugs, including blood thinner.  I had been fantasizing about making real bread, not just skillet bread, for weeks. I would have great ambition then get in the kitchen and realize I could not start. So I started, finally. and I am glad I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment