Friday, October 13, 2023

A model for Majorie Taylor Greene and Ms Boebert and Kevin McCarthy and Jim Jordan &c &c &c

 

A model apology from 1826 for every Republican in the House of Representatives in 2023

 

From a Tuscumbia, Alabama paper, 1826

 

Notice.—I do hereby certify, that I, Charles C. M’Clure, last from Tuscaloosa, and now in the town of Columbus, Mississippi, have been guilty of uttering the most infamous, villainous and hellishly slanderous falsehoods against the character of a portion of the family of Major Jesse Weaver of the aforesaid town of Columbus, and also that I have threatened the life of Mr. Thomas Morford, and that I do hereby acknowledge that I feel thankful that I have even a hope of escaping the just vengeance of said gentlemen, with that merited from every honest and good citizen, not only of this town, but that I do not deserve the countenance of lenity ever again to shine upon me.

          In acknowledgment to all of which I do fix my hand and seal in the presence of the witnesses, and thank them that they even condescend to sign their names as witnesses against me.

                     C. C. M’Clure.

No comments:

Post a Comment