Saturday, December 12, 2020

I am too old and frail for Microsoft to Treat Me This Way

 So a big DEGRADE this week. Did I have a choice?

Slowed down start up time from 1 minute to 6.

Left me without my great picture on the Desktop (successful installation of Mexican tiles on the roof.

Left me without sound.

Left me unable to write a WORD or speak a WORD because Office Configuration took its usual 10 minutes and then informed me that I had committed Error 1907 and wondered why I had not known that THEY could not register fonts or verify that I had sufficient permission to use them. It also asked if I knew I was born into sin.

Getting to Windows Office Home and Business could be done by someone not born into sin, maybe. All the "chat" line go find the first 5 minutes you are waiting then go blank.

I signed up for Geek Squad last summer at 3 one morning and got money's worth then. Getting to the Geek Squad locally was impossible. 

After many hours spent, I found someone on the Internet Geek Squad who in a matter of minutes gave me a link. That link descripted how to get to a chance to "Modify" Office. 12 minutes of grinding away "configuring" and I had my computer back, no longer (I believe) seriously DEgranded.

I really am too old for this. I am at the stage of preparing the Table of Contents for the Race book and really needed to work in Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment