Sunday, February 3, 2019

[Not including the really tall books] Books being used for work on ORNERY PEOPLE--Top 3 Rows & some on 4th Row

Lately, 4 or 5 books related to the Great Hanging at Gainesville, Texas, in 1862, because cousin Aaron Hill was involved. Out of that research, an article forthcoming in the July 2019 SOUTHWESTERN HISTORICAL QUARTERLY. Other books were used in the dozen or so articles I have published in the webzine JOURNAL OF THE AMERICAN REVOLUTION. Family members previously unknown to me appear in a good many of the books. Now, my Melville Collection is up for grabs, or, better, up for rejection, it seems, but perhaps someone on the Costner side will want the books that deal with Costners and Stewarts and Bells and Hendersons and their ancestors and perhaps someone on the Parker side will want the books that deal with ancestors a few generations back like the Sims family and Hill family and the Cokers and the Sparkses and McGehees. And the nearly 4,000 documents in my GLIMPSES folders in my computer could be divided to go along with the books. Or I may live long enough to wear out all the books. Meanwhile, I am almost free to play with ORNERY PEOPLE. They are better company than the Tweeters of today. [P. S.] I left out the very big books like the Heritage series and the 3 volume Glenn books.

No comments:

Post a Comment