Wednesday, August 9, 2017

"Up, Old Horse!"

This used to be my motto in 1988 and the next years as I forced myself up at 2 or 3 in the morning to work on the NN volumes and the LOG.
I said it at 5 this morning so I could inch through the page and line numbers in the NCE3 Emendations list and now at 7:30 I tell myself that I may never have to say that again.
Now, I do remember that in Jackson Hole in the spring of 1986, substituting for Secretary Bennett, I said to myself, "I will never have to work that hard again."
Once the last NN volume is in hand (and it is out of our hands now) and the NCE3 is in hand, I can't imagine that the ORNERY PEOPLE volume or volumes will require such self-flogging.
The problem is learning to work from one person born in Oklahoma Territory and another born in Indian Territory and being put on a truck at nine and sent off to pick fruit.
"Up, old horse"--only 3 pages of the list to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment