Sunday, October 14, 2018

The Brutality of "LOCK HER UP" applied to Hillary Clinton and Diane Feinstein--and Trumpism come to Morro Bay

When you realize that a large percentage of the crowds shouting LOCK HER UP are self-defined Evangelicals, you--well, you come close to despair.
And in Morro Bay you see it in the attack on Runner Frank by a big young man with four dogs on the beach, one of which was threatening Frank, who got off with a shove to the sand and a broken arm.
Last week Los Osos Tom rescued me from a dog leaping at me.
Today a particularly aggressive scofflaw finally put a leash on her dog but was determined to charge on into the No Dogs area (the State Park area), and verbally abusive.
See that mouth on her. And for the first time in my experience, a surfer pushed his way into the situation by yelling, THE LAW DOESN'T MATTER, THE LAW DOESN'T MATTER. Never, never before have I encountered anything but courtesy from a surfer here. Trumpism has spread to Morro Bay. I find myself thinking for the first time "I am a tax-payer!" Then on the way home an Airbnb customer started to pull into traffic as I went by in this former area of single family homes. It's a terrible thing to be driven farther and faster into whining old age. I just wish Los Osos Tom were around every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment