Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Now the theft of my identity as an Amazon reviewer. I have not had a great month.

Last year I bought HOLGER HOOCK'S SCARS OF INDEPENDENCE. Today I pulled it down and decided to use Amazon to help me locate some pages by using LOOK INSIDE. Well, I saw a review signed Parker and clicked on it and found that it was posted by Hershel Parker. Oh no it was not! Then I find that "Parker" has written dozens of short reviews all of which are identified as having been posted by "Hershel Parker." I have called Amazon and talked to someone about this identity theft. Is nothing sacred? Well, I know the answer to that.

I take the opportunity to review in Amazon seriously and some of my reviews there could have been published in scholarly journals if I had not preferred the immediacy and potential audience of Amazon. I have written about the value of Amazon reviews in MELVILLE BIOGRAPHY: AN INSIDE NARRATIVE. I want my identity back!

No comments:

Post a Comment