Thursday, October 27, 2022

Slow 2 mile walk in deep sand / mud at high tide--59 minutes. Heart surgery 24 days ago.

 It's going to take several more days but I will get back to under 50 minutes, I hope.

Meanwhile, thanks to Dr. Panikkath and his four-hour procedure. I want to pass the pulmonary function test and then the stress test.

Lucky, says the Caregiver. You got TB after Streptomycin. Well, yes, after leaving Louisiana, where they had not heard of streptomycin and making my way West. 

Lucky, says the Caregiver. You were dying day by day, deteriorating, a month ago and now you are showing off in the muddy beach. 40 years ago, you would just have died.

Not quite clear yet just how old is the procedure I had, but around 40 years FLAWED TEXTS AND VERBAL ICONS was 1984. The biography was 1996 and 2002. It gives you pause.

Now, the toric intraocular implant has been available to the eye how long? Mine is 6 years or so old, and it survived, intact, the Valley Fever blindness that they thought at Stanford was Lymphoma but was halted by an alert doctor here one millimeter from the macula. I drive legally without glasses. This is wonderful. 

Lucky. Jerry Lee is 87 and if I make it till Thanksgiving I will be 87.

No comments:

Post a Comment