Friday, August 5, 2022

Running on Santa Monica Palisades 10 April 1978--ran from San Vicenti to Pier & Back on 21st--ran every day in May 1978 & &

 Except after surgeries I ran almost every day May 1978 through August 2017 and then walked 2 miles on the Morro Bay beach until 5 August 2022.  In the last weeks I have been feeling very weak and dizzy but not wanting to start going half way. After the end of rain and big sea surges there are no more logs at all on the beach so there is no place to sit down and recover. Today I was feeling something that has happened a few times already, feeling that the feet were in a hurry and the rest of the body could not keep up. If I sat down I would have a very hard time getting up.  I fell and was on my knees a few minutes and went over to the rope fence and went slowly along to Duck Creek when I tripped on a piece of sea weed and grabbed the metal top of a pole holding up the rope. Blood thinner gives you bright red blood. I had to let the whole hand dry on the way back, and went very slowly. I may walk on surface streets, but this may be the end of the beach for me. I love being there every day. Maybe half way, 1 mile instead of 2. But today is an end of something.


No comments:

Post a Comment