Tuesday, November 24, 2020

2020 One disaster after another. Now Vertigo.

2 days ago, bookshelves falling forward against me, skylight falling on me; yesterday, projectile vomiting and at the ER big clocks spinning spinning, would not stop spinning. Diagnosis, Vertigo. Today, feeling good, fell hard in small bathroom with no previous warning signs.

We were about to leave to see the great doctor who in April said, "I have only good news for you. You do not have lymphoma. You have Valley Fever." So we lost him as the man in charge and we were handed off to the infectious disease doctor. Now, after the Blood Clot, we get back to the great doctor because he is both oncologist and hematologist. He does not like seemingly unrelated horrors following last horrors. He will find out what is wrong. 

Tomorrow, simple exercises to see if the Vertigo will respond and go away. Then strict treatment and blood work every 2 weeks to see if there is progress on the clot.

How much do we admire him? I wrote a comment on his site. When I described how I was working one-eyed to draft my book on family and race months ago he said he wanted a copy. I have done exciting and disturbing things on it since then, but today I brought him my last copy of MELVILLE BIOGRAPHY: AN INSIDE NARRATIVE because no more can be purchased and the reprints will not have the dust jacket.

1 comment:

  1. Have you looked into Meniere's Diseaase? Good news, often treatable with diet and modest drug therpy.

    ReplyDelete