Friday, July 5, 2019

Wiley Cash just HAD to post the news from Trump about our armies taking over the airports in the Revolution and the War of 1812


I started off doing very well in denying everything yesterday. I did not feel the earthquake. I did not turn on news about anything except the earthquake, once I learned of it. Then I did my floor geriatric exercises to Ken Burns on the Central Park 5 and got to sleep, until 3:30, and was so upset I got up at 5. Now you pass on a link which has false words in it: "speech flub." The problem is that it was not a flub. The bigger problem is that in the academic world, as a satanic red-bearded stranger shouted from the doorway of a Chicago meeting room of the Modern Language Association in 1990, "THE FACTS DON'T MATTER. THE FACTS DON'T MATTER." Well, I left the meeting and never went to another Melville Society meeting at MLA except the time it met in Cancun. I wanted to do some climbing. I thought I was going to spend a few cheerful hours today on my Cousin John Sparks whose head was bashed open by Confederates at Limestone Cove in 1863 but I am going to have to post something about how the American colleges have prepared us not to be surprised at anything Trump says. You make it hard to stay in denial, Wiley.


No comments:

Post a Comment