Monday, November 19, 2018

The Shock of the Death of Jennifer McCarthy at 55. My Beautiful Lanky Cousin.



The 90th birthday of my brother Wilburn, 1928-1958. Remembering. Then the absolute shock of seeing on Facebook people talking about my beautiful lanky cousin Jennifer, in her mid fifties, daughter of my first cousin Patsy who died in May of 2017--Patsy, the only one who remembered who was who in late 1930s and early 1940s pictures. What a dumb cruel joke to talk about Jennifer's death yesterday, I thought. No. It was a brain aneurysm. Jennifer is dead at 55 and a half. We messaged pretty often and I got to say "Like" on Facebook and got to say, "My beautiful lanky cousin" very often on Facebook. So I did the best memorial run I could, for brother and cousin, half distance because I am still not strong. But alive at almost 83. I assumed Jennifer would live as long as her mother, who was a couple of years older than me. "My beautiful lanky cousin."

No comments:

Post a Comment