Sunday, October 4, 2020

Ordered good eyepatch April 26 but it was delayed. This photo is about May 1, 2020

I ordered the eye-patch while I still thought I had lymphoma--did not learn till the next day that it was Valley Fever.

 I worked for hours with this scratchy eye-patch around May first while waiting for the 2-day delivery of comfortable eye patches that took still more days. When the new good patches arrived I did not need them! That is how incredibly fast fluconazole worked. The ocular oncologists said I was deluding myself, but after one day on the anti-fungal drug I could feel an improvement, sort of, but I was sure. Now, the lesion did not close all the way till early September but I could read, even through the brown fluid, very soon.

I am hobbling along because of the Deep Vein Thrombosis (left thigh) compounded by the aftermath of a serious fall (damage to right hip) in the driveway (caused by DVT) but feeling grateful. Ouch, that is not the cheerful picture. Let me try again:

There, that is more cheerful.



No comments:

Post a Comment