Monday, March 28, 2022

Very old and very frightened today--One crazy driver nearly got me.

 I did what I almost never do--I cut the 46 minute run to 30 minutes so I could take 2 more pairs of glasses in to get the new prescription in them. I take the safest routes, always, after experiments. Today I was going down Elena past the supermarket and got only fifty feet or so before reaching Main Street, where I stop and turn left. A woman shot out of the supermarket driveway right at me. I braked hard, and did not hit her. She turned left, as I did later, and she sped off ahead of me. I have been driving since I got a Louisiana license in 1953 and never had a ticket. My car, the 2007 Honda, when new was backed into by a man hired to work on a new house. The lounging crew (we know crews like that--Hungarian railway workers) knew who had done it and did not confess. 500$ it cost. And a lot of hassle, a lot of time having it repaired. Now I am anxious to avoid any damage to the car and terrified of damage to me, what with the clot and blood thinner. I am as careful as a human being could be, and this woman in a hurry could have killed me or left me helpless. A friend of the caretaker yesterday dropped off plastic pots to carry to the Botanical Garden. In the car was her husband who every now and then has exchange transfusions. Oh, deliver me! I wear the pressure stocking 22 and a half hours a day--taking it off to go to the beach and bathe. I take all the pills including the anti-fungal one I have to take till I die. I am obedient and earnest and careful, but dammit there is to final protection from the crazies, and the crazies are loosed upon us by Trump so that even the Oscars, which I do not watch, become a battlefield and a place to shout out mad obscenities not once but twice. Thank goodness for MHz and great French television.  The crazy actor last night? I will never watch him. Now Spottiswoode's  48 Hours had an exciting young star, but I saw five minutes of EM Raw I have never seen him in anything else and never will. Life is too short to be around such vulgar people. Anyhow, I was so shaken that I left my billfold at the eye doctor's. 

No comments:

Post a Comment